Disclosure: In this article our guidelines are simple. We will be clear about the data we collect to publish the most accurate information. We are here to inform you how to apply for an Indian passport online. And what documents are required for a fresh Indian passport? So here in this article, you get the information step by step to apply for an Indian Passport. So be with us to know about how to get Indian Passports for fresh Indian people with Aadhaar card only.
What is an Indian Passport?
Indian Passport is not only an important document for international travel. But it also serves as proof of Indian citizenship as per the Passports Act.. Passport is used as Address proof, DOB proof, and Identity proof. The Indian passport is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of India to Indian citizens. In 2015, India issued about 12 million passports, ranking third only after China and the United States of America. Indian passports are issued at 93 passport offices located across India.
Alert on Fake Websites related to Passport Services
It is the Ministry’s notice that many fraudulent websites and mobile applications are collecting data from applicants. Some of these fake websites are registered such as www.online-passportindia.com, www.indiapassport.org, www.applypassport.org, and www.passport-seva.in, and many other blogging sites that look similar.
Therefore, it is advised to all citizens applying for Indian Passportspls so don’t visit the above-mentioned fake websites or make payments related to passport services. The official website of the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, for applying for Passport services is www.passportindia.gov.in.
How to apply for an Indian Passport online?
1) To apply for an Indian Passport click on this link www.passportindia.gov.in and you get the Passport Seva Home Page. And Click on New User Registration.
2) Now type your full detail correctly for user registration and click on the Register button. If you want your login id to be the same as your email id, there is an option available.
3) Now on this page you get your registration confirmation to activate your account. To active your account please click the link in an email sent to your email id.
4) After confirmation you have to continue your application. Here you have to enter your user id and click on submit button.
5) Now your account activated successfully Please click here to log in.
6) Now write your Login Id correctly and click on continue.
7) Now you have to enter your password and fill captcha correctly and click on the login button.
8) Now you have to click on ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issued of Passport’.
9) You can fill out the application form online. Click on the red marked option to fill out the application form.
10) Next step RPO selection please choose RPO by selecting the state and district where you want to submit an application.
11) Now you have to choose three options. For new users please select Fresh Passport and select normal for the application. And select 36 pages in booklet type and click on NEXT.
12) After next now you have to type your full details correctly and click on ‘Save my details’. And agree to the terms and conditions and ‘click next’
13) Now type your family details and again click on Save my details and click on Next.
14) Now fill your present residential address and again click on save my details and click on Next.
15) Now give your emergency contacts. Like Name and Address.,Mobile Number, etc. and click on save my details and click on Next.
16) Now you have to give information about your Identity Certificate and Passport details. Fill in details correctly and again click on save my details and click on Next.
17) On the next page please fill your other details and click on save my details and click on Next.
18) Now please verify your details shown below like the spelling of the name, address, etc. Which will be printed on your passport and click on Next.
19) Now you have to complete your Self Declaration. Please select your Aadhaar card as proof of birth and proof of present residential address. And type your number and type date and place and click on save my details and click on Submit Form.
20) Now your form submitted successfully and now click on Pay and Schedule Appointment to get your appointment. (Note: Please save your Reference Number and print the Application Receipt).
21) After clicking on Pay and Schedule Appoint you to redirect to this payment page please choose your payment method (we recommended online payment) and click on next.
22) After choosing your payment option again click on the Next button.
23) Now you have to select your location and address to schedule an appointment.
24) Now choose your appointment date and click on Pay and Book Appointment
25) Now you get the option to pay online choose your payment option and complete the transaction. And after finishing your transaction you have to visit your nearest passport office on the selected Appointment date.
Indian Passport online Required documents
So many peoples asked what documents are required for applying for an Indian Passport online. Here we shared with you what kind of documents will receive Passport office for Proof of present Address and Proof of Date of Birth.
Proof of present Address:-
- Aadhaar Card.
- Water Bill.
- Rent Agreement.
- Electricity bill.
- Proof of Gas Connection.
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- Election Commission Photo ID card.
- Photo Passbook of running Bank Account.
- Telephone (landline or postpaid mobile bill).
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page).
- Parent’s passport copy, in case of minors (First and last page).
Proof of Date of Birth:-
- Aadhaar Card/E-Aadhaar
- Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department
- Driving License issued by the Transport Department of the concerned State Government
- Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB.
- Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation.
- Transfer, School leaving, or Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognized board.
Visitors who are visiting our website who looking for applying Indian Passport Online. This article will discuss how to apply for an Indian passport online. Here we are discussed and give you full information about Indian Passport. If you guys liked our article then please subscribe to us on EMAIL NEWSLETTER. Hope you guys liked our article and if you have any queries about us please comment. We need your suggestion and support for our future articles. Thanking you all!