Hello, friends today lifeinawind.com share knowledge about how to open Post Office saving accounts online using IPPB Mob Application. The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) offers a facility to open savings accounts digitally using their IPPB mobile application. This account offers various facilities such as making third-party payments, opening a recurring deposit, and contributing to PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi account held in a post office. So viewers keep scrolling and get the necessary guidelines for opening a Post office digital saving account online.
About IPPB Mob App
IPPB application was helpful for opening post office saving accounts online. IPPB offers a state-of-the-art, simple, secure, and easy-to-use Mobile banking service through a mobile app to access your IPPB account and carry out transactions from the convenience of your mobile phone. At India Post Payments Bank, we believe that a nation can grow when every citizen has an opportunity to prosper, regardless of their way of life. With simple, diverse, and growth-oriented offerings, IPPB aims to provide every household in India access to efficient banking services and enable them to become financially secure and empowered.
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) was set up under the Department of Post, Ministry of Communication with 100% equity owned by the Government of India. IPPB has expanded its strength across India covering post offices, through a network of 650 IPPB branches/controlling offices, working on a hub and spoke model.
Steps to open Post office saving accounts using IPPB
For opening a Post Office saving account on the IPPB application:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen above 18 years of age.
- The applicant must have an Aadhaar number, PAN and an Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- The applicant can download the IPPB Mobile Banking application on their mobile phone and then click on ‘Open Account’.
- The applicant’s mobile number and PAN needs to be entered.
- An OTP is generated and sent to the applicant’s mobile number. Which you need to enter for authentication.
- Next, you need to enter your Aadhaar Number.
- An OTP is sent to the Aadhaar registered mobile number for authentication.
Add personal details
Now, personal information such as the mother’s name, educational qualifications, and address. Once submitted, the account is opened and can be accessed using the app.
Within one year of opening a digital savings account, the account holder must complete the KYC verification process with the nearest post office branch to keep the account active and convert it into a regular savings account.
Points to note
- There is no minimum balance provision to keep the account alive.
- Till such time that the KYC process is completed. The digital account can have a maximum balance of Rs 1 lakh.
Post office saving accounts user register for IPPB mobile banking
By linking your registered mobile number to your IPPB account, which you opened at the Post Office/ via the concerned Postman/ GDS at your doorstep, you can take advantage of mobile banking services. The mobile banking services are powered by a user-friendly platform. You can now use mobile banking to perform a variety of tasks, including a balance inquiry, account statement, fund transfer within the bank or to other banks, utility bill payment, mobile or DTH recharge, and managing your funds with the registered POSA (Post Office Savings Account) using the Sweep-in and Sweep-out facility. To register for the mobile banking services follow the steps listed below:
- Download and open the IPPB app on your mobile phone and enter your account number, customer ID (CIF), date of birth, and registered mobile number.
- Now you will get an OTP on your registered mobile which you need to authenticate.
- Once the received OTP is successfully verified you will be asked to create an MPIN.
- Upon successfully creating an MPIN you will be able to access mobile banking services.
Know the features of IPPB post office saving accounts
IPPB has a channel of 650 IPPB branches/controlling offices that operate on a core model, IPPB has extended its reach across India, covering post offices. Regular savings accounts, digital savings accounts, and basic savings accounts are the three forms of savings accounts offered by IPPB.
- If you currently have IPPB savings account with a KYC (know your customer) you can create an account on the app using your PAN, Aadhaar, and registered mobile number. It’s important to note that there is a huge difference between an IPPB savings account and a post office savings bank (POSB) account.
- Failure to complete the KYC procedure within 12 months would result in the account being close.
- According to IBBP’s website, ippbonline.com, the KYC procedure must be completed at any of the access points.
- The Digital Savings Account can be converted to a Regular Savings Account.
- After creating an IPPB account, you can use the app to transfer funds to your post office schemes, such as RD, PPF, and SSY. Under these schemes, the app only allows for transfers, not account creation.
- You can also transfer funds from your POSB account to the IPPB account.
At India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), they understand your needs. That is why they have tailored our banking products and services to be simple and efficient.
|DEPOSITS||– Savings Account|
– Current Account
|MONEY TRANSFER||– Simple & Secure|
|DIRECT BENEFITS TRANSFERS||– MGNREGA|
– Social welfare benefits and other Government subsidies
|THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS||– Loans|
– Post Office Savings schemes
|BILL & UTILITY PAYMENTS||– Mobile and DTH recharge|
– Electricity, water & gas bills
– Donations & insurance premiums
|ENTERPRISE AND MERCHANT PAYMENTS||– Postal products|
– Digital Payment of e-commerce delivery(CoD)
– Small merchants/Kirana stores/unorganized retail
– Offline payments
– Cash Management Services
India Post Payment Bank Helpline Number
The phone banking service of IPPB allows you to access your account anytime and from anywhere. You can find details related to your account, IPPB’s products and services, and get answers to your questions. To do so, dial the toll-free number 155299 or 1800-180-7980 and ask for the phone banking service. Phone banking services will provide a blend of IVR (Interactive Voice Response) and interaction with an assisted operator, based on the type of transaction. Phone banking services are currently available in 13 languages via IVR and eight languages via the agent-assisted network. Allowing you to use IPPB’s products and services right away. You can also write to India Post Payment Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the END
This is a well-researched article for opening the Post Office Digital Saving Account using IPPB Mob Appl. Here you need to understand our guidelines carefully. Our advice is that follow our few steps and open an account instantly. Hopefully, this article will be helpful to you in terms of opening an account online. Please like and share our articles with your friends and on social media. And please support us by subscribing to our articles by clicking on the One-Signal Push Notification bell icon. Lifeinawind.com will publish more important articles in the future to make your life easier with today’s technology.