Learn How to Open a Bank of Baroda Savings account: If you are planning to open a savings bank account with the Bank of Baroda (BoB) but are reluctant to visit the bank branch, you have the option of doing it online. The bank claims that a savings bank account can be opened in just a few minutes. With the InstaClick facility being offered by the bank, you can avail of banking services anywhere and anytime in an effortless manner. A savings bank account can now be opened from the comfort of your home.
Concerning the Bank of Baroda
The Bank of Baroda was first established in 1908 in the state of Gujarat. It has slowly expanded its reach and is the fourth largest banking section in India today. Let us see why the Bank of Baroda is so popular among customers.
Bank of Baroda (BOB) offers retail, agriculture, private, and commercial banking, as well as other related financial solutions. It includes loans, deposit services, and payment cards. The bank offers loans for homes, vehicles, education, agriculture, personal and corporate requirements, mortgages, securities, and rent receivables, among others. It provides current and savings accounts; fixed and recurring deposits; and debit, credit, and prepaid cards. The bank also provides insurance coverage for life, health, and general purposes. It offers services such as treasury, financing, mutual funds, cash management, internet banking, international banking, digital banking, start-up banking, and wealth management. The bank has operations in Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, the Middle East, and Africa. BOB is headquartered in Baroda, Gujarat, India.
Steps for opening a Bank of Baroda Savings Account online
To open a savings account online at Bank of Baroda, you have to follow these steps:
- Step 1: First, visit the official website of the Bank of Baroda.
- Step 2: Go to the Savings Account option and select the option ‘Apply Now.
- Step 3: Fill in the required details like name, contact number, date of birth, address, etc., and click on “Submit”.
- Step 4: Verify the details with documents like PAN and Aadhar or any other document as required by the bank.
- Step 5: Bank of Baroda’s executive will verify all the submitted documents.
- Step 6: After the successful verification of your documents, the Bank of Baroda will share the welcome kit containing your debit or ATM card, PIN, and chequebook with you.
- Step 7: Once the account is activated, you can register your mobile number and use a debit card and chequebook for banking services.
Steps to Open a Bank of Baroda Savings Account at the Branch
To open a savings account with the Bank of Baroda at a branch, you must follow these steps:
- Make sure that you carry with you identification proof (preferably your PAN Card), address proof (preferably your Aadhaar card), and two passport-size photographs.
- After reaching the branch, ask the clerk if you want to open a savings account. The clerk will give you the application form.
- Fill out the savings account application form with the required details and attach the photographs on the form where required.
- After duly filling out the form and signing it, submit the savings account application form along with the necessary documents and required money (in case of minimum balance account) to the clerk.
- Your account will be functioning within a week or so, and the bank will inform you about it through a call, SMS, or email.
Documents required for opening a Bank of Baroda Savings Account
To be eligible for a Bank of Baroda Savings Account, customers will have to submit the following documents along with the account opening form.
- Proof of identity: Passport, driving license, voter’s ID card, etc.
- Proof of address—Passport, driving license, voter’s ID card, etc.
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- Two recent passport-size photographs
BOB Savings Account-Features and Benefits
A savings bank account is the most basic bank account available. It is an account that allows you to pool your finances and manage them. The funds are available to be withdrawn at any time. With the different needs and requirements of customers, banks have begun offering different kinds of savings accounts to meet these different needs. Some types of savings accounts are:
- A regular savings account
- Salary accounts
- Kids’ savings account
- Women’s Savings account
- Institutions, government savings accounts
- Basic Savings Bank Account (BSBD)
- Senior Citizens Savings Accounts
- Rural Savings Accounts/Jan Dhan Accounts
Here are some features of a savings account.
- A savings account comes with a passbook and a chequebook feature.
- You can receive payments and make payments from your savings accounts.
- Auto debits and auto credits can be set up from your savings accounts.
- Savings bank account holders can access internet banking and mobile banking for their needs.
- Banks offer ATM/debit cards to savings bank account holders.
- A savings bank account earns a low-interest rate but allows the customer the freedom to withdraw funds at any time, subject to a monthly withdrawal limit.
- It is possible to pay bills from your savings account.
- Banks also send transaction alerts to their customers via SMS and email.
What are the benefits of a savings account?
While a savings account has a lot of utility, it only earns interest at 3.5% to 6% per annum. In such a case, are there any benefits to having a savings account? The answer is yes. There are many benefits to opening a savings account. Let us consider them.
Baroda Bank Savings Account Advantages
- Earn interest.
- Mobile banking at your fingertips.
- Access to internet banking.
- Flexible and easy to operate.
- Multiple withdrawal options.
- No hidden costs.
- Deposits are insured by the DICGC.
- Eligible for debit cards.
Bank of Baroda Contact Details
- WEBSITE – www.bankofbaroda.in
- Contact Numbers: 18002584455, 18001024455, 18001027788
- EMAIL IDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- MISSED CALL-8468001111, 8468001122
- Customer Care: 18002584455, 18001024455, 18001027788
- TOTAL BRANCHES-5198
- TOTAL ATMS – 8030
- HEADQUARTER – Vadodara (Baroda)
- Bank Address: Baroda Bhavan, 7th Floor, R.C. Dutt Road, Vadodara-390 007, Gujarat, India.
Bank of Baroda Savings Account Interest 2022
|Saving Account||Interest Rate|
|BOB Savings Account||2.75% – 2.75%|
|Super Savings Account||2.75% – 2.75%|
|Baroda Centenary Savings Account||2.75% – 2.75%|
|Baroda Basic Savings Account||2.75% – 2.75%|
|Baroda Salary Advantage Saving Account||2.75% – 2.75%|
|Baroda Bachat Mitra||2.75% – 2.75%|
|Baroda Pensioners Savings Bank Account||2.75% – 2.75%|
|Baroda Jeevan Suraksha Savings Bank Account||2.75% – 2.75%|
Open online Saving Accounts in other Banks:-
- ICICI Bank Digital Savings Account online
- Axis ASAP Digital Account Online
- Kotak Mahindra Zero Balance Account online
- Online HDFC Bank Account
- PNB account online
- Online SBI saving account
- UCO Bank Account online
- Online Bank of Maharashtra Savings Account
- Indian Bank Savings Account
Now that we have seen what the services Bank of Baroda provides and how to open a Bank of Baroda Savings Account online, It is easy to imagine why it has such a large client and customer base. Please like and share our articles with friends and on social media. Please subscribe to our article by clicking on the One-Signal Push Notification bell icon. You all viewers will get a more important information article in the near future by lifeinawind.com.