Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card Online, Offline, SMS: The Election Commission of India (ECI) began a campaign on Monday, August 1st, to link citizens’ Aadhaar Cards with their voter ID Cards. According to the ECI, voter ID cards are linked with Aadhaar cards in order to establish the elector’s identity. It will assist the commission in removing duplicate entries from the electoral roll, as well as the government in repairing system leaks. Aside from that, the ECI has set up camps in various Indian states to assist people in linking their Aadhaar cards with their voter cards. While some states have already begun the drive, many others have yet to begin the linking process. Here we provide a step-by-step guide to link your Aadhaar with your Voter ID through the National Voter Service Portal, SMS, phone, and booth level officers.
Steps to Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Online
Required documents to link Aadhaar and Voter ID through NVSP
– EPIC number
– Aadhaar card number
– Registered mobile number
The following steps are required for Aadhaar to be linked with Voter ID online through NVSP:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the NVSP Voter Portal at voterportal.eci.gov.in
- Step 2: Check the Login Page and Enter Your Mobile Number / Email ID / Voter ID Number. If you are not registered, then click on “Create an Account” and then log in.
- Step 3: Enter your password and click on the “Login” button.
- Step 4: Verify your district’s name and state name.
- Step 5: Enter Personal Information Like Name, Father’s Name, and Date of Birth (DOB).
- Step 6: Click on the “Search” button.
- Step 7: Match your details with the government database.
- Step 8: Now click on the Feed Aadhaar No. button and open it.
- Step 9: Then enter your Aadhaar Number, Voter ID Number, and registered mobile number or email ID.
- Step 10: After that, click on the “Submit” button.
- Step 11: Now you’re successfully linking your Aadhar to your voter ID card and you will get a confirmation message.
Link Voter ID with Aadhaar through SMS
- Candidates need to type SMS <EPIC Number or Voter Id Card number> <SPACE> <Aadhaar No> and send it to 166 or 51959.
- Candidates need to send the SMS with their registered mobile number only.
Link through Customer Care Number
Candidates can link Aadhar with Voter ID by calling Customer Care Number (1950). Candidates need to dial 1950 and follow the Customer Care Executive instructions to type in their Voter ID Card Number and Aadhaar Number for the link process.
Through booth-level officers
The Booth Level Officer (BLO) has the authority to link the Aadhar Card and Voter ID Card in offline mode. Candidates need to submit the application form of Link Aadhar to Voter ID to the Booth Level Officer. BLO verified the details and linked Aadhar with a Voter ID Card.
Check the status of the Aadhaar card linked with Voter ID.
You can check the status of your application by visiting the NVSP website-https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/ and entering the information as stated in the section “Seeding Through NVSP Portal.” A notification saying that the request has been registered and is under process will appear. You can also visit the official website of the UIDAI to check whether your Aadhaar card is linked with your voter ID.
- How to enroll in NVSP Form-6 online procedure
- How to download the Voter list? Get any Indian state Voter list in PDF
- How to link Aadhaar with Voter ID online/offline full info
About New Form 6B
Form 6B is available on the ECI/CEO websites and on GARUDA, NVSP, VHA, etc. for online filling of Aadhaar. Those who prefer the offline route can submit a hard copy of Form 6B to booth-level officers. These officers have been asked to digitize the collected forms within seven days of their receipt.
The new form has been introduced with effect from August 1 “for collecting Aadhaar numbers of existing electors to authenticate the entries in the electoral rolls and thus make it absolutely error-free,” the office of the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Delhi, said in a statement.
“April 1, 2023, is the date on or before which every person whose name is included in the electoral roll may intimate his Aadhaar number in accordance with Section 23 of the Representation of the People Act, 1950. The furnishing of the Aadhaar number is purely voluntary, “the CEO’s office said in the statement. Last year, the Union Ministry of Law and Justice amended laws for this purpose.
The Legislative Department in the Union Law Ministry had recently issued notifications announcing that the rules have been amended in line with the provisions of the Election Laws (Amendment) Act, 2021, passed by Parliament in December last year. The government has amended the Registration of Electors Rules to allow the linking of Aadhaar details with voter lists to weed out duplicate entries and make election law gender-neutral for service voters.
So, friends, it is important to link Voter ID with Aadhaar as it helps to remove bogus or multiple Voter ID cards issued in the name of a single individual. Once you link Aadhaar with Voter ID, only a single vote can be cast per election. The seeding process will thereby ensure fair elections by eliminating bogus voters. And lastly, please subscribe to our article by clicking on the One-Signal Push Notification bell icon. You all viewers will get a more important information article in the near future by lifeinawind.com.