Changing Mobile Number in Aadhaar online and offline new number registration process: It is necessary to link Aadhaar with your mobile number to avail of various Aadhaar-related services. If you have not registered your mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar or want to update your mobile number, then today you will know how to link or change your mobile number online and offline. Read on to know all about how you can register or update your mobile number on an Aadhaar card, the documents required, the charges involved, and more.
Aadhaar card link with mobile number
The main objective of the Government of India to implement Aadhaar linking with the mobile number was to weed out anti-social elements misusing mobile numbers to spread fake news and harmful rumours. It allowed them to track these miscreants and bring them to justice. It was also conceived to be helpful in preventing fraudulent financial transactions carried out by fraudsters, money-launderers and criminals.
While it was mandatory, telecom companies offered convenient ways to link Aadhaar with mobile numbers, both online and offline. We will take you through some simple steps that were offered to link Aadhaar with a mobile number.
Aadhaar card mobile number change
Linking your Aadhaar card to your mobile number is of great importance as it forms a basis for many essential verification processes. Through this article, we will show you how to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number. So, find out how to link your Aadhaar card with a mobile number below!
You also need the Aadhaar card to be linked to your mobile number to verify your PAN card using the mobile number. However, the most important reason to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number is to do the online verification of ITR with the one-time password that comes to your mobile phone. Additionally, you can update your details in the Aadhaar card database using the one-time password sent to your mobile phone. So you can see that there are many good reasons to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number!
Benefits of updating/linking Aadhaar with Mobile
- In order to avail yourself of various Aadhaar-related facilities, you need to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number. OTPs are sent on your registered mobile number which needs to be provided to avail of different Aadhaar services. These OTPs help in adding an added layer of security to your Aadhaar. You will not be able to avail of these services in case your number is not linked with Aadhaar.
- You also need to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card in order to avail all online services related to Aadhaar.
- To download your Aadhaar card online, that is, e-Aadhaar, you are required to provide the OTP sent on your registered mobile number.
How to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number by visiting the Aadhaar centre
You cannot overestimate how necessary it is to link mobile no. with Aadhaar. Here’s how to do the needful by visiting a centre
- Step 1: Visit your nearest Aadhaar Kendra Seva.
- Step 2: Carry your Aadhaar card to the centre.
- Step 3: Request the person in charge to give you the application form for updating the mobile number.
- Step 4: Pay a charge of Rs.50 to change or add the mobile number.
- Step 5: Fill in the application form.
- Step 6: Double-check the Aadhaar number you have entered.
- Step 7: You will receive a Unique Request Number (URN).
- Step 8: Check the status of your request using the URN.
To initiate this process, quickly search for an Aadhaar card mobile number link centre near me.
How to Locate an Aadhaar Enrollment Centre?
UIDAI has made it very simple for Indian residents to apply for or update for Aadhaar cards. Find a nearby Aadhaar centre. Residents can search for an enrolment centre in their city and visit there to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
Steps to locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centres are mentioned below:
- Visit UIDAI’s website.
- Click on “Locate an Enrolment Center”
- Select State/Pin Code/Search Box option.
- Enter your details such as District/Sub District/Village/Town etc.
- If you want to Search only for permanent centres, select the check box option.
- Enter the Verification code and press the “Locate a Centre” button.
- Relevant Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres are displayed on the screen.
Using the UIDAI portal, one can book online appointments for UID enrolment.
Note: When you visit the enrolment centre for changing the mobile number on your Aadhaar Card, do not forget to carry all the required documents such as address proof, id proof and etc.
Link/change the Aadhaar card with a mobile number by using IVR
Steps for changing the mobile number in Aadhaar via IVR stands for interactive voice response. Everyone with a postpaid or prepaid number can link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number by the following steps.
- Step 1: Using your phone number, dial the toll-free number 14546.
- Step 2: Next, you will need to verify whether you are an Indian citizen or an NRI.
- Step 3: If you are an Indian citizen, you need to press 1 to re-verify the Aadhaar.
- Step 4: Enter your Aadhaar number, which is 12 digits.
- Step 5: Next, you need to enter that mobile number registered with your Aadhaar card.
- Step 6: Give the telecom operator consent to access personal details such as name, date of birth, and photo from the UIDAI storehouse of information.
- Step 7: You should’ve received an OTP.
- Step 8: Enter the OTP you have received.
- Step 9: Press 1 to complete the verification process.
So with these simple steps, you can link your Aadhaar Card with your mobile number. It also allows you to verify a mobile number with Aadhaar.
Steps to Link/update Aadhaar with Mobile Number Online
Here is a step-by-step guide to link Aadhaar card to your mobile number online without visiting an Aadhaar Seva Kendra:
- Visit this Indian Postal Service website link
- Enter basic details including your name, address, mobile number, email address, etc.
- Choose ‘IPPB- Aadhaar Service’ as the Service from the drop-down menu
- Select UIDAI-Mobile/Email to Aadhaar linking/update
- Once you have filled the required fields and made the appropriate selections, click the ‘Request OTP’ button
- On the next screen, enter the OTP received on your mobile number
- Click on ‘ Confirm Service Request’. You will receive a Reference Number which you can use to track the status of your application
- Upon successful submission, the request will be sent to the post office near you
- The verification process will be done by an officer tasked with the Aadhar update/linking job. The officer will visit your address and carry out the verification process using a mobile biometric device (For iris, fingerprints and photographs).
- He/she will complete the update/linking process and charge you a fee for the service.
Changing the mobile number in the Aadhaar card through SMS
If you are wondering how to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number, you can do so by visiting a store and sharing the OTP. To avail of these steps, you already need to have an existing mobile number.
- Step 1: First, you will need to visit the nearest store of the telecom operator to which your SIM card belongs.
- Step 2: Provide them with a self-attested copy of the Aadhaar card.
- Step 3: Give the store executive the correct mobile number and Aadhaar card number.
- Step 4: They will use the verification software, after which you will receive a 4-digit OTP. It would help if you got this on your phone.
- Step 5: Submit the one-time password to the store executive and provide them with your biometrics.
- Step 6: You will receive a confirmation SMS after 24 hours.
- Step 7: To this confirmation SMS, respond ‘Y,’ and the e-KYC will be complete.
By following these steps, you can understand how to link an Aadhaar card with a mobile number through SMS.
Fee for Linking/Updating Your Aadhaar with Phone Number
You are not required to pay any charges to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile number at the time of your Aadhaar enrolment. However, in case you wish to link/change/update your mobile number registered with Aadhaar, you will be required to pay Rs. 50 (inclusive of GST) for the same. Do note that, in case multiple fields are updated in one instance, no additional fee needs to be paid.
As stated above, the process to update the mobile number on an Aadhaar card can only be done offline and online Get more related information about Aadhaar cards on lifeinawind.com. Your Aadhaar card must be linked to your mobile number to avail of online services such as KYC.