Friends lifeinawind.com we want to share with you another awesome and important feature of Gmail. Today we are going to introduce you to 2-step verification on Gmail. Google 2-step verification (or “2-step authentication”) is an extra security measure that allows you to verify the authenticity of your phone number and your password combination. Two-step verification eliminates any chance that a hacker can access your account. This guide will explain how to set up 2-step verification on your email. If you want to protect your account from phishing attacks, this is an essential step to do so.
What is Google 2-step verification?
It is absolutely essential to secure any online email account because it could be connected to your online bank accounts, personal address, online shops, and more. Thankfully, Gmail makes it easy for new users to set up additional security measures. Google 2-step verification is a security measure that someone stole your passwords to log into your Google account. By using 2-step verification, Google can verify your account by requiring you to enter a six-digit code that you will have to enter once after you sign in. Google 2-step Verification is Google’s method of preventing the login of your Google account by a variety of methods. Google’s 2-step verification is a great way to prevent identity theft. This post is an introduction to how to set up 2-step verification on Gmail.
How to set Gmail two-step verification
Step-by-step guidelines for setup two-step verification on your Gmail account.
- Log in to your Google account on your Smartphone or PC.
- Click the Security tab on the left.
- Scroll down a bit, and click “2-Step Verification.”
- Click the Get Started button. Now follow the on-screen instructions to set up two-factor authentication.
- Enter your passwords to confirm your identity.
- Click Try it Now
- Add a phone number that Google can send the six-digit verification code and click send.
- Verify your phone number by entering the six-digit code Google sent you. Click Next.
- Click Turn On to enable two-factor authentication.
Why is Gmail’s two-step authentication so important?
It’s shockingly easy for someone to gain access to your Gmail password. You could be using the password on more than one site, for instance. Or you might download a malicious program from the internet that gives hackers access to your keystrokes. Just imagine going to log in to your Gmail account and discovering that you are locked out because someone stole your credentials and now has access to all of your information. This could be proprietary business information, personal health data, or even access to your savings accounts.
Two-step verification helps reduce your risk of cyber attacks on your data. If someone steals your password, they would still need to have access to your physical device (phone) to receive a code and login. This prevents them from stealing your identity, deleting your documents, or otherwise wreaking havoc on your life. That’s why it’s important to regularly change your Gmail password.
How to Turn Off Gmail 2-Step Verification on Desktops
Here you get the step-by-step process to turn off Gmail Two-Step verification on desktops.
1. Open your Google Account page.
2. Select Security in Account Settings to enable two-step verification, then click Enable next to Two-Step Verification. You may be prompted to sign in again.
3. Select Turn off. You’ll be prompted to confirm your choice.
How to Turn Off 2-Step Verification in Gmail on Android
And here you get the step-by-step process to turn off Gmail Two-Step verification on desktops.
1. First, open Settings on your mobile app, then Google Account. Inside, select Security.
2. You’ll see a “2-Step Verification” section that may prompt you to re-enter your password. You’ll also notice a button labeled “Turn off,” and you’ll need to confirm your choice by tapping it.
3. Once you complete, go ahead and delete your backup codes. They won’t be necessary anymore because of your new security setup.
Turning Off 2-Step Verification in Gmail on Apple (iOS) Devices
Step-by-step process to turn off Gmail Two-Step verification on Apple (iOS) devices.
1. Click the menu icon and then head to Settings. Then tap your account, then Manage your Google account. Note that if you don’t have a Gmail account yet, you can instead head to this webpage on your device’s browser.
2. To set up 2-Step Verification, tap Security > Signing into Google > 2-Step Verification. There’s a prompt to sign in.
3. Tap Turn off; Then confirm your choice.
4. Do not reuse an old password or any backup codes you used previously to ensure your privacy.
How to sign in with 2-Step Verification
Full information and process to sign in to your Gmail account with 2-step verification.
- 2-Step Verification takes several steps, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to set up once you get the hang of it.
- There are three main options for implementing 2-Step Verification: Google Authentication, Code-based, or SMS (text message) codes. Each has its pros and cons.
- The first is the most straightforward option which is Google Authentication. It uses an app to generate verification codes, and then sends them to your phone via push notification.
- It’s probably the most secure option because it’s unlikely for hackers to access your phone and get the codes.
- Code-based 2-Step Verification requires you to enter your password on the website every time you log in from a new device. And SMS 2-Step Verification requires you to receive a text from Google with a verification code every time you log in from a new device.
Friend’s security is of the utmost importance today. Recent high-profile security breaches have proven that even governments and businesses with large budgets are vulnerable to cybercrime. A password could fall into the wrong hands whether someone hacks your phone, recovers passwords from an old computer, or accesses your passwords by other means. So now in this article, you all get knowledge about Gmail’s two-step verification full setup process. Now secure your account with 2 step verification and worry-free. Please like and share our Articles with friends and on Social Media and support us by subscribing to our articles through click on the One-Signal Push Notification bell icon. Lifeinawind.com published more important articles in the future to make your life easy.