Hello friends, if you’re looking to apply for an online Bank of Maharashtra account. This post will help you open a new Bank of Maharashtra Savings Account online. Many banks offer an interest rate on the amount you save inside of your bank account, which varies greatly based on what your goals are while also working alongside a deposit-raising program. In order to get started, open up an account. Applying online is the simplest way to do so and takes only a short period of time. Keep scrolling and continue with us to learn about the Bank of Maharashtra account opening process.
About Bank of Maharashtra
The Bank of Maharashtra is an Indian bank based in the city of Pune. The bank was established in 1935 with an initial authorized capital of Rs. 10.00 lacs, although it became operational in the early phase of the next year. The Bank of Maharashtra was nationalized by the government of India in the year 1969 and has a total of 1421 branches located all over India. The bank claims to have the largest number of branches within the state of Maharashtra, among all the public sector banks. Commonly known as a common man’s bank, the Bank of Maharashtra adopts a philosophy of “technology with a personal touch.” It follows its motto, stating “One Family, One Bank, Bank of Maharashtra”.
All the branches of the Bank of Maharashtra have been fully computerized. The bank aims at increasing its ATM network from 345 to 500 soon, apart from planning to install biometric ATMs at some selected branches. Apart from that, the introduction of phone banking, internet banking, and mobile banking are also on the cards.
Bank of Maharashtra
Lokmangal, 1501, Shivajinagar, Pune (Maharashtra)-411 005,
BOM Savings account eligibility
Any individual can open a savings bank account, either singly or jointly. The applicant should furnish identity and address proof as given in the account opening form (CIF for individuals), two photographs, and PAN number/Form No. 60/61 while opening a new account.
Online Bank of Maharashtra Account opening process
- Visit the official website of the Bank of Maharashtra and click on the Online SB Account opening button.
- Now, you’ll be redirected to a new page. There you’ll have to click on the “Open savings account” button.
- After clicking on the button, you’ll be redirected to the account opening portal. Here you’ll have to click on the “Let’s go” button.
- Now, select your preferred language and click on the Next button.
- Select the account type and your nearest bank branch using the drop-down option followed by clicking on the Next button.
- Now, provide your details like your name, email, and mobile number to begin the process.
- An OTP will be sent from your registered mobile number, which you’ll have to enter.
- After OTP verification is complete, you’ll have to verify your documents by entering the Document ID in the given field and uploading the documents.
- After document verification, you’ll have to verify your address by providing the address information and documentary proof of it by uploading it.
- After address verification, you’ll have to enter your personal details like gender, occupation, father’s name, etc. Also, you’ll have to upload an image of your signature.
- In the next step, you’ll have to enter your nomination details followed by clicking on the Next button.
- After clicking on the Next button, you’ll have to authenticate your application by uploading a selfie by clicking a photo from your webcam.
- Your digital savings account has been successfully opened after successful authentication.
Note: After opening your account, you’ll have to follow these steps to fully activate your bank account:
- Activate your internet banking.
- Activate your mobile banking.
- Visiting the bank branch with all the documents to complete your full KYC process.
Documents required to open an online Bank of Maharashtra account
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Scanned copy of the signature
- Valid Passport
- Voter ID Card
- Permanent Driving License
- NREGA Job Card
- Any ID Card Issued By Central Or State Governments, PSUs, Scheduled Commercial Banks
- Credit Card bill
- Utility bill
- Voter ID Card
- Permanent Driving License
- Employment Proof
Bank of Maharashtra Yuva Yojna
The Bank of Maharashtra’s Yuva Yojna is a new scheme for students. With a view to making children develop the habit of banking and also to make them our future customers, we have introduced a suitable scheme for kids, children, and students.
10 years and up to 18 years.
Type of deposits:
The account will be opened and operated in the name of a child. Simply by accepting a deposit of Rs. 10 only in an account to be operated by him/her. There will be no minimum balance criteria applicable to this account.
A suitable amount is to be deposited as a cash certificate at the beginning of the year to get Rs. 50000 or Rs. 100000 at the end of the stipulated period.
Free transfer of funds from parents’ account Under Deposit Intercity for the course fee, educational fee, hostel fee, etc. Free standing instruction for transfer of money from a parent’s account in the same branch. Standing instruction for transfer of money from a child’s account to an RD account in the same branch. Free ATM debit cards with a specified spending limit facility for free service for payment of utility bills like mobile phones wherever available.
Sanction of education loans at the appropriate time to eligible students (i.e., at the time of admission to professional courses) holding accounts for more than six months.
01. What is the minimum maintenance balance of the Bank of Maharashtra Digital Savings Bank Account?
There are no minimum maintenance balance requirements for the Bank of Maharashtra Digital Savings bank account as this account is a zero balance account.
02. Do I need to register for mobile banking and internet banking separately?
No, after opening the Bank of Maharashtra digital savings account, you’ll just have to activate your mobile banking and internet banking.
03. Can we check the bank balance of the Bank of Maharashtra using digital banking methods?
Yes, you can check your Bank of Maharashtra account balance using digital banking methods like mobile banking, and net banking.
Open Saving Accounts in other Banks:-
- ICICI Bank Digital Savings Account online
- Axis ASAP Digital Account Online
- Kotak Mahindra Zero Balance Account online
- Online HDFC Bank Account
- PNB account online
- Online SBI saving account
- UCO Bank Account online
Dear friends, in this article you will all get information about how to apply for an online Bank of Maharashtra account. Now you can easily create a Bank of Maharashtra Savings Account for yourself or for any other person. We hope you all understand everything that we have shared with you. Please like and share our articles with friends and on social media. And please support us by subscribing to our articles by clicking on the One-Signal Push Notification bell icon. Lifeinawind.com will publish more important articles in the future to make your life easier.